Teresa was born and raised in Gilbert, Arizona. She is a dedicated wife, mother of three, and a business owner who is turning her dreams into reality. The basis of her healthy lifestyle began with her mother setting a good example through exercise and nutritious eating. From her own experience regarding different health issues, Teresa gained a true education on how massage, yoga, and Pilates make a dramatic impact on how one feels not only physically, but also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Her passion is helping her clients and students to achieve a higher quality of life.
Where it all began…
Teresa’s passion for yoga began in 1999, when she decided to take a couple of classes to attempt to alleviate the tension she experienced from her job as massage therapist. Not only did she love the instructor, but she remembers leaving the class feeling relaxed, lighter, and less tense.
National Massage Certification 2005 200-Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Scottsdale Community College 2004 Pilates Instructor Corefit certification in 2004 Registered with the Yoga Alliance since 2004
Licensed and practicing massage therapist since 1999
Therapeutic/Deep Tissue, Prenatal, LaStone, Ashiatsu (formally trained by Ruthie Hardee, founder of Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy) Ashi-Thai, Infant massage classes for parents
- Loves the outdoors & photography
- Enjoys walking, hiking, lifting weights
- Likes to travel, meet new people, try different foods, and dancing with husband and girlfriends
- Grew up having green drinks before they were the “IN” thing to have & still likes them
- Took piano lessons from a Russian Concert pianist in high school
- Loves chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal cookies
- One of her favorite snacks is Greek yogurt with granola & fruit
- Changes hairstyles and colors often for the fun of it
- Married her soul mate, Jason on her 20th birthday
- Celebrated her 15th wedding anniversary in July, 2013 when she launched her First Annual Rustic Retreat
- Values time spent with her husband and three beautiful, healthy daughters
- Attended four of her yoga students’ weddings. One couple met on one of her mini yoga retreats, and are now married and have a baby!
- Her yoga students have gotten her to try many new, fun activities over the years
The Story Behind Sirrine Yoga